2016 Kids of Steel Points Series
This exciting series allows member competitors to track and compare their results over the course of the season. Find out how you're doing in the series!
- May 7 Drayton Valley Triathlon
- May 22 Airdrie Triathlon
- May 29 Coronation Triathlon
- June 12 St. Albert KOS
- June 18 WTS Kids of Steel at RGC
- June 19 Lethbridge KOS
- June 19 Calgary KOS
- June 19 RockSolid Vermilion Triathlon
- June 26 Woody's Triathlon
- July 1 Turner Valley Triathlon
- July 1 Beaumont Triathlon
- July 17 Stettler Triathlon
- Aug 14 Terwillegar Towne Triathlon
- Aug 20 Camrose Junior Vikings Triathlon
- Sept 3-4 WTS Edmonton
All event information can be found here.
The 2016 KOS Points Series Awards will be based on objective criteria that will be both consistent and transparent.
- Age is taken as of December 31, 2016.
- Points are awarded according to age category.
- The top 3 in the series will receive points at the end of the season in the male and female category.
- Individuals with the most points at the end of the season will be awarded prizes at the Triathlon Conference at the end of the season.
- In the instance where one or more individuals have the same number of points, the winner will be determined by a count back (see Count-Back-Policy).
- If a participant races in more than one triathlon on a single weekend, both races will be noted as a DSQ and no points will be awarded for either race.
- Only KOS events that are sanctioned by the Alberta Triathlon Association are included in the series.
4-11 yrs. (U11)
For younger athletes the focus is on participation rather than competition. Points are tabulated for participation and every athlete participating in KOS races will be recognized with a ribbon and certificate.
Every KOS race that every participant does, for up to 5 races, will be worth one point.
The structure will be as follows for a single participant:
Race 1 = 1 point; Race 2 = 1 point, Race 3 = 1 point; Race 4 = 1 point; Race 5 = 1 point
Race 6 = No additional points being awarded.
12-13 yrs, 14-15 yrs, 16-19 yrs
For youth athletes aged 12-19, points will be awarded in two ways:
Athletes will automatically receive one point for every sanctioned KOS race they finish.
Athletes who place in their age category receive additional bonus points:
1st – 10 points
2nd – 9 points
3rd – 8 points
4th – 7 points
5th – 6 points
In the case of a tie breaker scenario in terms of placing, the following method will be used:
1) The athlete who participated in more events will receive the higher ranking; then
2) The athlete who placed higher, on average, in all races will receive the higher ranking.