Adult Draft-Legal Resources
We are now offering Adult Drafting 101 Clinics for individuals looking to gain confidence and safety skills on the bike. There are some prerequisites that you must have before signing up for the clinics, as follows:
- You must be a full member of the ATA
- Experience riding on open roads (frequently)
- Comfortable riding with other cyclists
- Intention to race a draft-legal event this season
- Knowledge of road safety and rules
- Access to a bike in good working condition and in compliance with Triathlon Canada and ITU equipment rules
Additional Draft-Legal Resources
Some of the options that we recommend include:
- Bike handling skills are taught by certified coaches within ATA affiliated clubs. Register with a club near you today!
- Register for a Learn to Race clinic offered by the Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) where you can learn skills to help you race safely and enjoyably!
- Join one of MEC's Sunday Road Rides, or City Rides to improve your skills when riding with a group. Find an event near you, here.
For information regarding rules and cycling conduct, please refer to the ITU Competition Rules (page 26).