Provincial Development Coach
FT employee of
Alberta Triathlon Association
Calli Stromner, General Manager
Part-Time Employee (one-year term, renewed upon grant availability)
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of the ATA Junior Development program that is complementary and integrated with the High-Performance plan of Triathlon Canada
2. Develop and execute a Provincial Development Program in collaboration with the General Manager, Club Coaches and Board of Directors that will prepare Junior and U23 aged athletes to perform competitively at the National Level
3. Execute camps, clinics and training days specified within the Provincial Development Program
4. Contribute to the establishment of a selection criteria for the Provincial Development Team
5. Contribute to the establishment of a selection criteria for Canada Summer Games
6. Liaison between Club coaches and General Manager and reporting on Provincial Development Program activates, athletes and plans
7. Support athletes within the Provincial Development Program that are operating without a club coach or program
8. Support developing Junior and U23 level athletes at key competitions and within their training environment, when appropriate
9. Support the development of regional programs and coaches through mentorship and professional development opportunities
10. Advise in the sanctioning approval process for draft legal races
11. Act as one of the ATA’s draft legal certifiers for athletes and coaches
12. Take part in professional development opportunities where appropriate
1. NCCP-certified Competition Development coach in Triathlon
2. Education in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sport Science or related field of study.
3. Demonstrated experience coaching and developing elite level, draft-legal junior and U23 athletes
4. Demonstrated experience working with coaches and managers in a team environment
5. Trained Coach Developer (Learning Facilitator and/or Evaluator) or working towards this designation through the NCCP.
6. Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
7. Legally entitled to work in Canada
8. Standard First Aid and CPR certification
This position offers an annual salary of $15,000, based on 12 hours a week and is largely funded through annual grants. Travel throughout the province is required and will be reimbursed. Health and dental benefits are not available.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and two professional references to general.manager@ triathlon.ab.ca
Posting Date: Nov. 4
Closing Date: Nov. 18
Interviews scheduled for the week of Nov. 21
Position starts Jan. 3, 2017 and is reviewed annually based on grant funding availability.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with the Alberta Triathlon Association.