PT employee of
Alberta Triathlon Association
Calli Stromner, General Manager
The Alberta Triathlon Association (ATA) was established in 1984 and is the official, non-profit governing body for multisport events throughout the province. Our 4,200 members include athletes, coaches, race directors, triathlon officials and we work with them to build the sport of triathlon in the Province, increasing access and enhancing the sport as a whole.
The ATA Communications Coordinator will be responsible for all media relations on behalf of the organization, working with media partners across the province at the national, provincial and local levels. This role is responsible for creating and delivering a communications strategy, creating content, media relations, public relations, and external communications to our membership groups.
• Create, implement and evaluate communication strategies and plans that align with the Alberta Triathlon strategic plan and business plan.
• Set goals and measurable objectives to enhance the proﬁle of partners, stakeholders, athletes, coaches, ofﬁcials, and administrators within the triathlon community.
• Provide communications and marketing support to promote all ATA-sanctioned events events and initiatives.
• Create content that promotes Alberta Triathlon activities and membership
• Manage and maximize relationships with media partners
• Implement and evaluate Alberta Triathlon social media plan
• Manage and evaluate www.triathlon.ab.ca; monitor effectiveness of sites and ensure updates are made as required
• Manage Alberta Triathlon's social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); ensure updates are made as required
• Develop press releases, key messaging; organize press events and coordinate media requests.
• Leverage current relationships, while fostering new opportunities with key media journalists, personalities and stakeholders, driving awareness of Alberta Triathlon and the sport of triathlon.
• Develop communication strategies and tactics particularly focused on Alberta Triathlon Championships and other flagship events, clinics, programs.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Desired Experience and Qualiﬁcations:
• A post-secondary level of education in one of the following ﬁelds of study:
• Communications • Journalism
• 2+ years of professional experience in a comparable communications role, preferably in sport
• Exceptional planning, analytical and reporting skills
• Self-directed and results oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced organization
• Excellent creative writing and editing skill set
• Proﬁcient computer skills using both Mac and PC, Microsoft Ofﬁce, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Knowledge of Alberta Triathlon and the sport of triathlon is an asset
• Experience in new media including strategic policy and content creation
• Experience in media relations including press writing and conference facilitation
• Ability to work within a ﬂexible schedule
• Demonstrated strong values and ethics, in accordance with Alberta Triathlon’s organizational values (and other ATA policies), through personal and professional behaviours
• Demonstrated experience working with and supporting volunteers
• Travel and access to a vehicle are required
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes that reﬂect Alberta Triathlon’s organizational values:
Accountability: by acting in a ﬁscally responsible and transparent manner with funds, governance and operations
Excellence: by designing and delivering the best possible programs and services for all Alberta Triathlon stakeholders
Accessibility: to all Albertans, regardless of gender, ethnicity, ability or socio-economic status Innovation: becoming the leader amongst sport organizations by continually looking for ways to improve
Fairness: by being consistent in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures, and on all matters related to the governance and operations of Alberta Triathlon
Respect: acknowledge and accept the feedback and input from stakeholders in a way that is mindful of diversiﬁed viewpoints and engages contributions to Triathlon in a spirit of sportsmanship and community
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Pay Level: Salary commensurate with experience
Location / Provincial Ofﬁce: 11759 Groat Rd. Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
Position Advertising Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2017
Requirements for Applying: • Cover Letter • Resume • References available upon request
Please forward your cover letter and resume via email by 5 p.m. on Friday, November, 2016, to Calli Stromner, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with the Alberta Triathlon Association.