The High Performance program consists of two teams: the Alberta Development Squad and the Alberta Junior Team consist of athletes between the ages of 14-19.
Throughout the year, members of the Junior Team and Development Squad participate in development camps across the province with the most highly trained coaches in Alberta. A training camp in Victoria during Spring Break is tentatively scheduled for the 2017. Athletes also receive travel subsidies to major races, subsidized equipment and uniforms and access to Training Peaks, if allowed by their club coach.
The overarching goal of the High Performance Program is to create an
environment and culture which produces high
achieving, world class triathletes. This includes:
• increasing the depth of our pool of athletes,
• identifying potentially strong athletes,
• supporting and developing athletes through training and major race events,
• grow the sport of triathlon in non-centralized areas of Alberta (outside of main urban centres),
• develop coaches interested in working with youth triathletes.
High Performance Program Contacts
To visit our Facebook Page: Click Here