Youth and Junior Development Program
The Youth and Junior Development program consists of two teams: the Alberta Development Squad (age range 14-18) and the Alberta Junior Team (ages 16-19). Identified Athletes (age range 12-18) make up a third group who are invited to participate in a smaller number of development opportunities.
Throughout the year, members of the Junior Team and Development Squad participate in development camps across the province with the most highly trained coaches in Alberta. The program is overseen by Provincial Development Coach, Bart Ujack who ensures there is a natural progression from one camp to the next and on through race season.
The overarching goal of the Youth and Junior Development Program is to create an
environment and culture which produces high
achieving, world class triathletes. This includes:
• increasing the depth of our pool of athletes,
• identifying potentially strong athletes,
• supporting and developing athletes through training and major race events,
• grow the sport of triathlon in non-centralized areas of Alberta (outside of main urban centres),
• develop coaches interested in working with youth triathletes.
Please read the full 2018 Athlete Selection Criteria document here.
Please click here to apply to the program.
Submission deadline is September 15, 2017 for Junior Team and Development Team applicants. Applications for Identified Athletes are accepted throughout the year.
The 2017/18 Youth and Junior Development Teams will be announced October 15, 2017